Mother’s Day Gift Guide on a Budget
If you ask me, I think the ultimate thing on a Mom's list for Mother's Day is this: Do nothing.
Like literally nothing. I can not imagine that I am the only one who has this topping our list.
We don't want to prep a breakfast, clean the house for company, grocery shop for the meal, get up early and prep the coffee, do laundry or ANYTHING at all.
We love our families. We love doing. We are wired this way. But this day, we want to do NOTHING.
So, clear her slate. Do it all for her. Or send this to your hubs and kids and say "here, sister A is speaking truth...this is what we want to do...NOTHING."
But if you need some simple, cheap and easy gifts, I put together a little list to help point you in the right direction. Again, ladies, just send this to your hubby and tell him "I would like #2 on the list in a size..." See, we are going to make it really easy for them.
Simple Mother's Day Gift Guide
- Silky Jams: EVERY SINGLE WOMAN NEEDS jams like this. Why? Because they make us feel fancy. These are a hug from Jesus.
2. Summer Robe: You know how I feel about a robe...they are life. The one I have currently is circa 2002...and it's amazing but it's like a 14 lb fleece therapy blanket. This is a FAB summer one!
3. Slippers: I have spent the better part of the last 6 weeks living in slippers because #quarantine life but I love slippers any day of the week at any season. These are life. I mean, leopard slippers are life. I have them in glitter but they are no longer available but these...these elevate the quarantine living.
4. Tie Dye Dress: I hesitate calling this a house dress or a MuMu but I am all for those...let's call this an elevated loose dress. I mean, tie dyed?! Do you die. I actually just ordered this for my uber hip Mother-in-Law...loose and fashionable. Plus, I am not ready to wear pants with a button, yet.
5. Monogrammed Necklace: The cutest, knock off, monogrammed necklace. These are everywhere but this price point is the best of all. It is trendy and chic and fits any budget.
6. Knock Off Cartier Bracelet: This rivals one of the most expensive jewelers around. And it is classic and simple.
7. Makeup Remover Cloths: These are the BEST. If you have not ever used them...I am telling you, you are missing out on clean face Heaven.
8. The BEST bubble bath: Truly the best ever. A staple in my house!
9. Daily Devotional: One of my faves to date!
10. The You Do You Journal: I will forever share my love for journaling with you. Why? Because it has helped me in so many ways. One of the best gifts is self awareness and learning to love YOU again. And it happens through small and consistent steps. This is a simple and easy way to start journaling. Guided, grounded in gratitude and intention setting.